chocolate chip cookies11:55:00 AM
Really, is there anything better than a warm, fresh-from-the-oven, chewy chocolate chip cookie?
I think not.
I found this recipe with a quick Google search, but it is really one of the BEST cookie recipes I have ever come across! It's three steps long, and yields the softest, chewiest, gooiest cookies ever.
To make these, you will need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Directions (my notes in parentheses):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt (I'd never done this before but it really worked!). Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and spices. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans. (I put the mix in the fridge for half an hour to chill, then scooped the dough using an ice-cream scoop to make uniform balls)
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned. (Mine usually needed 10-15 minutes of cook time)
Et voila! All done. Allow the cookies to cool a bit if they are very soft, and then pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk and dig in! And, of course, make sure to share with friends ☺